Where has time gone?..




where do I start?? Its been a long time since I sat down and designed something let alone knitted or crochet something. I started collage full time and all this going on time flew! I am studying to be an Estecian (skin therapist). The cool things I learned along the way I would not trade for anything. My second passion besides jewelry and fiber arts and baking is makeup. I will be sharing a few f my looks with you as well. In school I learned how to make my own cosmetics. I have to say which was so exciting. I made them from scratch and named them. I hardly had a summer cause I was caught up in doors for the whole summer. It was not until I was hit with a flu. That I realized how much I missed knitting and crocheting and baking. I started getting inspired while I was in bed, I grab my sketch book and started doodling designs. I think I owe you guys something for how long I been missing. I plan on keeping up with this as much as possible. With things I am doing, inspired by, creating or thinking of. I am not going to change my blog name (at least not yet) for now it is good. I would love feedback from others. I am sorry I don’t know why the comments are not working but you are more then welcome to email me. (fiber friend @yahoo.com) or find me on Ravelry: fiber-fashionista. Here is what I designed, it’s a bow accessory knit and crochet version! You can make them in all types of colors. I took pictures of the pink one. But I made a yellow one and I plan on making more colors. I cant wait to see what you guys come up with. I figure this is a great way to get rid of scrap yarns. Ok, so some idea. Use it for you, children or your pets!! And not just as a hair accessories use as a bow for the neck or pin :)

little Bow-Peep

LIttle crochet and knit hair pins:
what you will need fingering yarn (baby yarn) I like to use bright colors of scrap yarn I have laying around. Be as creative as you can be as you can tell you can already make these with all your scraps of rainbow color yarns, decorate them with buttons or gems!
Gauge: 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" or 2 x2 square,
so you can make this with sock weight or any scrap weight yarn you have around.
Crochet version:
hook: f #
sewing needle
1 bobbie pin of your choice. You can use as a pin just sew pin back to bow instead of bobby pin.
ch 9, sc in 2nd ch from hook.sc across, ch 1 turn =8 sc
r2) Sc in every st across, ch 1, turn=8 sc
r3- 9) sc fasten off. weave in loose ends
the finish square should measure out to be: 2 by 2, fold square so forms a bow. Hold in fingers as you take same color yarn and do several wraps around square to shape. Tip dont do to many wraps, it will become to thick. If this happens use same color thread (not neccesary) and sew to pin. and enjoy!

Knit Version:
Neddle: size 8
sewing needle
1 bobbie pin of your choice. You can use as a pin just sew pin back to bow instead of bobby pin.
co. 8 with long tail cast on
2-9) purl fasten off weave in ends
finish square should measure out to be: 2 by 2, fold square so forms a bow. Hold in fingers as you take same color yarn and do several wraps around square to shape. Tip dont do to many wraps, it will become to thick. Dont forget to decorate!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Comments

Popular Posts