Can I have a Bow?


I was inspired by Nancy Ajam’s ( in case you don’t know her she is a beautiful famous Arabic singer or is it Lebanese?)receptions dress she wore to her wedding. I had to close my mouth before I wet my key bored! Hehe the dress was beautiful. Designed by Channel, it was long, strapless and had a big bold black bow in the bodice. I was inspired to make a hat from this dress. This hat is crochet and simple and quick to make. I made this hat in one day.Now this size I give is to fit size 22 1/2- to 23" inch head so if your head is smaller then do less increases. Like most of my patterns. I try to make simple but chic, or simple and cute ^_^ You can easily make this hat in a simple knit and knit bow. Getting the same look. Feel free to make the hat in different color combos. Examples: Pink hat white bow. Red and white bow, black and white bow blue and white bow. The possibilities are endless! The base of the hat is simple on its own and I like the base alone as well. I hope you ladies and gents like the patterns. I would love feed back. Feel free to drop me a note or comment :D





here is the pattern:
With G# hook and worsted weight yarn (I used white)and worsted weight yarn for the bow ( I used black)
Size: teen/adult size 22 1/2" to 23" head
R1: Ch 6, Sl st to join the ring.
R2: Ch 2, 11 dc into the ring (12 sts). Sl St to join.
R3: Ch 2, dc in the same space you joined the sl st, 2 dc in each st around the circle (24 sts). Sl st to join.
R4: Ch 2, * 2 dc in the next st, (inc by working 2 sts in one st) 1 dc, rep from * around, ending with 2 dc in the last st (36 sts). Sl st.
R5: Ch 2, 4 dc in the next st, *5 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (42 sts) Sl st.
R6: Ch 2, 5 dc, 2 dc in the next st, * 6 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (48 sts) Sl st

R7: Ch 2, 6 dc, 2 dc in the next st, * 7 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (54 sts) Sl st.
R8: Ch 2, 7 dc, 2 dc in the next st, * 8 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from* around (60 sts) Sl st.R9: Ch 2, 8 dc, 2 dc in the next st, *9 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (66 sts) Sl st.
R10: Ch 2, 9 dc, 2 dc in the next st, *10 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (72 sts) Sl St.R11: Ch 2, 10 dc, 2 dc in the next st, * 11 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (78 sts) Sl st.
R12: Ch 2, dc around (this row is worked with no increases) Sl st.
R13- 17: rep round 12

R18: Ch 1, sc around, FO, weave in end.
Note: you can make hat as long and short as you like around rounds 13-17. Some might like more a skull cap and others enough to cover there ears. Now for the bow.
BOW

With I# hook and black yarn

Ch 33, dc in 4th ch from hook, and dc in every ch across (29 sts)
R2-6: Ch 2, turn, work dc in every st across FO, weave in edge. Sew onto hat.
 
Enjoy your new hat!! Feel free to make it for gifts or for you.























Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Comments

  1. awesome, totally going to make one as soon as ive got time for it!
    Love your blog!



    Mona, aka crochetmona on ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ty :) You are such a creative person and like looking at your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a mistake in Row 5. Instead of "R5: Ch 2, 4 dc in the next st, *5 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (42 sts) Sl st." It should be "R5: Ch 2, 4 dc, 2 dc in the next st, *5 dc, 2 dc in the next st, rep from * around (42 sts) Sl st."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. I just made this hat everything turned out ok but the bow doesn't look like yours.. Can you send me an e-mail sort of explaining how you bunch it up and sow it on or do you have a tutorial somewhere or something??

    Thanks!! LOVE this hat, thanks for the pattern!

    lovestoread0708@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts